What Is Telehealth?
What is telehealth?
The growing and vibrant telehealth industry is a broad and emerging field that links patients to a global community of physicians and healthcare providers via HIPAA-compliant two-way video and medical-information technology. Telehealth has had a slow start over the past few decades, because it fundamentally changes the paradigm of how healthcare is delivered. Healthcare delivery has historically been “brick and mortar” dependent, with patients having to travel to centers of care. Now patients can consult with their physicians via a web browser or smartphone. Telehealth removes distance, inconvenience, and the potential of creating further medical problems due to transfers, reducing anxiety, wait times and exposure to waiting room germs. In other words, virtual care streamlines and delivers care to where the patient is, rather than at the physician’s office or emergency room, including sending an instant electronic prescription to your chosen pharmacy. Click Here to learn how choices leverages the power of telehealth for you.
why should you care about telehealth?
Think about the last time you browsed through an article regarding Senior Living, unfortunately almost every article has at minimum, a paragraph, about the “Biggest Problems” In Senior Living. Certainly not a positive topic, however given the resounding number of times these same 5 topics appear in print, or electronic media. Then adding in the echo of these same responses, when I ask a client/potential client, “How can I help you, what are your primary areas of concern?” When touring a community, or, doing an initial readiness assessment, the tension is palpable in certain areas. Potential move in’s touring probably would not sense it, I do, I once held many of these positions during my career. Seniors and The Senior Living Organizations who care for them are my tribe. I will go out on a limb on these areas of concern, for this note and say, “these are absolutely common issues in senior living and they are detrimental to operational success.” The GREAT news is that there are Solutions!
Look at the list below, can you identify an issue, or an obstacle you may be encountering?
PRESS THAT SELECTION AND YOU WILL BE DIRECTED TO A PAGE THAT WILL SHOW YOU HOW TELEHEALTH HAS PROVEN TO ADDRESS and TURN AROUND THESE ISSUES.
- Labor and Staffing Crisis, Attracting the right candidates for positions, motivated candidates who are educated and want to grow with our Corporation, and retaining them. PRESS
- A decline in Occupancy/Census rates nationwide was first realized in early 2017. PRESS
- Retention of Nursing and/or Wellness Directors was of Great Concern. Turnover was disproportionately higher than in other healthcare related industries. PRESS
- The average age of a new move in, is older and typically has more frail health. PRESS
- There is new and more competition, directly in our primary market radius. PRESS